Fancying a quick, easy and cheap tasty treat for your dinner tonight? These home made pizza’s are the perfect scrumptious quick fix!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Serving Size: Depending how hungry you are, usually two per person.
For the base –
- Whole wheat tortilla wraps
- Tomato purée or chopped tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese (or any type that melts well)
Whatever you fancy! I used…
- Pancetta ham
- Baby tomatoes
- Other ideas: tuna, mushrooms, peppers, courgettes, red onion, chicken
- Preheat oven around 150c’.
- Spread a layer of tomato purée covering the tortilla wrap.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle on top of your tomato base.
- Add your chopped toppings.
- If wanting to add an egg… boil a pan of water. Crack egg into a bowl and pour gently into boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Whilst egg is boiling, pop in the oven for approximately 5 minutes.
- Keep an eye on your pizza and remove from oven when crispy.
- Add the egg.
- And you’re done! Get stuck in with your hands and enjoy!
To make this recipe sustainable you can buy your cheese, vegetables and meat from your local farm shop or grocery! It helps support local farmers and the environment by reducing those food miles.
You could even try making a veggie pizza to reduce your meat intake or growing your own seasonal veg toppings!
Top tip: to make your herbs, like coriander, last even longer you can freeze them.