Eaten your dinner but still fancying a bit of something sweet? These quick and easy protein pancakes are perfect to cure that sweet tooth.They’re healthy and eco-friendly too! What’s not to love?!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Serving Size: Two people.
For the protein pancakes –
- 1 Fair Trade banana
- 1 scoop of protein powder (vanilla, chocolate or strawberry)
- 1 medium free-range egg
Top tip: to make your pancakes even more sustainable, why not choose an eco-friendly protein powder? You could avoid whey and choose vegan protein, soy protein or organic sunflower protein.
- 2 spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt
- Half a tub of raspberries
- Other ideas you might fancy: strawberries, honey, nuts, seeds, blueberries and banana.
Top tip: Why not choose fruit toppings that are in season? The strawberry British season starts in May…. you could try to grow your own or have a fun day out strawberry picking (and eating a couple too)! Check out this really useful food wheel to see what’s in season: http://eatseasonably.co.uk/what-to-eat-now/calendar/
- Put the banana, egg and protein powder into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat up fat in a frying pan. Pour the mixture in to make a pancake to the size of your liking (smaller works better).
- After the pancake is starting to cook on one side, flip it over to cook the other side.
- Stack your pancakes and add your toppings.
- And you’re done. Get stuck in and enjoy!