Are you battling between being healthy after the gym and satisfying your sweet tooth with yummy treats? These easy to make protein brownies will do both! They let you get your healthy protein fix and cure those sweet cravings. Great eh?
Prep Time: under 20 mins
Cooking Time: 25-30 mins
Serving Size: 12 slices.
- 125g margarine
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 50g Fair Trade plain chocolate
- 2 medium free range egg
- 100g self raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 70g/1.5 scoops of protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
Top tip: to make your protein brownies even more sustainable, why not choose an eco-friendly protein powder? You could avoid whey and choose vegan protein, soy protein or organic sunflower protein.
Ideas for Toppings you might fancy (some healthier than others)–
- Greek yoghurt
- Ice cream
- raspberries, strawberries, seeds, blueberries and banana
Top tip: Why not choose fruit toppings that are in season? The strawberry British season starts in May…. you could try to grow your own or have a fun day out strawberry picking (and eating a couple too)! Check out this really useful food wheel to see what’s in season: http://eatseasonably.co.uk/what-to-eat-now/calendar/
- Heat your oven to 180’c and grease two cake tins.
- Melt the chocolate and margarine over hot water.
- Add the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour and protein powder. The mixture should look gooey.
- Put the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp on top and cooking inside.
- Cut into squares.
- And you’re done. Get stuck in and enjoy! They are the yummiest when still warm.