Fed up having plain, dry chicken? This recipe is bound to tickle your taste buds and make you see chicken in a whole new light! It’s full of healthy nutrients and delicious too.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Serving Size: One person.
For the chicken –
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 whisked medium egg
- A handful of finely chopped mixed herbs
- 10 baby tomatoes chopped in half
- Half a tube of tomato purée
- A handful of finely chopped basil
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Mozzarella cheese grated
- Handful of spinach
Whatever seasonal veg you fancy – I used…
- Mashed sweet potato sprinkled with mixed herbs
- Cover the chicken in a sheet of grease proof paper and hit with a rolling pin until half an inch thick.
- Place chicken in bowl of whisked egg and cover entire chicken breast.
- Heat oil on frying pan and place chicken breasts in the pan on medium heat.
- Sprinkle mixed herb over each side of the chicken breast.
- Meanwhile wash and chop the sweet potato and boil for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the sweet potato is boiling, mix the chopped tomatoes, basil and tomato purée. Mash with a fork until preferred consistency.
- When the sweet potato is soft enough mash it. Then add the mixed herbs.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked all the way through (approximately 15 minutes) and is piping hot, take out of the pan and place on a plate.
- Top with tomato based sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Finish off with spinach.
- And you’re done. Get stuck into your healthy meal and enjoy!
To EatGreen you could buy your vegetables and meat from your local farm shop or grocery! It helps support local farmers and the environment by reducing those food miles.
Top tip: if you’re a frequent meat eater, why not try having a meat free Monday? Cutting down on the amount of meat we eat can help the environment.