Craving a takeaway? Thinking of ordering from your local curry house?
Throw away those menus…this nutritious, tasty recipe will cure your cravings whilst keeping you feeling fit and healthy! It’s so quick and easy to make it’ll make you think twice about ordering in again.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Serving Size: Two people.
- 1 tbspn coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts (diced)
- 4 medium carrots (chopped)
- half a bag of peas
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 courgette (chopped)
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 1 tbspn of curry powder (or more if you like it HOT!)
- 1 boil in the bag rice
Top Tip: Add veg that’s in season in the UK to help farmers and the environment. Courgettes, carrots, spinach and peas are all in season now in July!
- Heat oil on frying pan. Add the chicken on medium heat to cook through
- Meanwhile chop the carrots and courgette.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked all the way through, add the coconut milk. Add the carrots, peas, courgette and curry powder. Turn to a lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes .
- Boil the rice.
- Add the spinach last a simmer for a few minutes. Check chicken is cooked through.
- And you’re done. Get stuck into your healthy takeaway and enjoy! If you have any left, it’s delicious the next day#LoveFoodHateWaste.
Top tip: if you’re a frequent meat eater, why not try having a meat free Monday? Cutting down on the amount of meat we eat can help the environment.