A fuss-free breakfast for early starters!
Don’t have time for breakfast? Make it the day before!
Prep Time: 5 mins | Difficulty: Easy | Price: £
Serving Size: One person.
- 1 banana, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons greek yoghurt
- 200ml almond milk
- 1 scoop (30g) protein powder
- 75g rolled oats
- Vanilla extract
- A handful of pistachios or other nuts, blueberries and raspberries to serve
- Place the banana, yoghurt, almond milk, vanilla extract and protein powder into a blender and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a blender handy you could also just chop the banana into smaller chunks & whisk with a fork!I also added a small dash of honey and 1 tablespoon of mixed chia and flax seeds – both of which are abundant in protein.
Both seeds are also a great source of alpha linolenic acid (ALA), a plant-based omega-3 fatty acid which can help lower cholesterol levels.
– Chia seeds can double your fibre intake and contain calcium and potassium for your bones
– Flax seeds have more of the brain-boosting vitamin B1 and tissue-protecting copper
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the oats, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to eat, top with the nuts, blueberries and raspberries!
I used pistachio nuts, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and raisins.